Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Poem: Outlooks

As I sit with my nose pressed
to my front window...I look down
at the untidy tops of trolley buses...
flowers put out on the sidewalk...
and roofs of houses stretching down to the inlet...
When I sit lower on my couch...
all of that disappears...
and it's only white headed mountains
light grey clouds and blue sky I see...
So much of life has to do with outlook...
So much of outlook has to do
with where you are standing or sitting at the time
and how much gets blocked out of your view...
or is included...
If you want to change the picture of life you are seeing...
all you have to do is change the position you are looking at it from...
there are any number of those available...at any given time...
including the one you get standing in someone else's shoes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home