Friday, May 27, 2005

Go...Sing Your Own Song

Last night, met a friend at a coffee house night, was asked to sing and did two songs. Many things go through my mind on
a night like this...many coffee houses over many years...listening to different people sing, at various stages of their development as singers or song-writers...reminding me of my own journey...and the hope each one carries that this night
will somehow further his or her journey into music...listening to people sing material that they didn't create... always
reminds me...that I am glad I became a song-writer. I don't believe I would still be singing...were it not for the fact that I am
singing songs I brought into this world...and this comforts me in a way singing songs by others...would never do. It's like
standing on bed rock...delivering on something no-one can take away from you...it's about having risen above the inertia
always pulling at you...to create song after song...when you could have given in...knowing the world likely didn't care whether
you did or not. And so...you go on stage...like so many times before...in so many different venues, cities, countries, and even
eras...and sing...once again...knowing although the road has been rocky at times and long...you have been priviliged to sing the songs you have created...........Many's the time...when my spirit is flagging...and i'm wondering whether I should sing or not...I tell myself: "This is what you do...so...go do it...while you can...whether you really feel like it...or whether the world is sleeping... or not...go...sing your own song...".
Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home