Monday, May 02, 2005

Passing The Word On

In my coffee place this morning, I was handed a copy of the Watchtower magazine, for April 1st, 2005, by a man in a tie and
tweed jacket. As far as I could determine, he hadn't given one to anyone else, in the establishment. In the interest of peace,
I accepted it from him, and to his credit he didn't stick around to expand on why he'd chosen me, as someone in need of a
saving message. I've always wondered about the criteria involved in being selected to receive a religious tract...and whether
it is a commentary on how lost and desperate you look, in the eyes of the bringer of good tidings. Whatever it is, what I see
from my side of this kind of transaction, is there is likely an assumption that I don't have a path of my own, or, if I do, it needs to be trumped, by the One and Only True Path being offered. Whatever the truth of the matter may be, this morning,
I left the message given to me, on the table in the coffee place, where it was given to me...who knows?...maybe someone else
may have picked it up... and found it to be...just what he or she...was always waiting for......Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home