Thursday, June 23, 2005

Chronological and Geographical Spirituality

Some years ago I went to a "spiritual" gathering. I got there early, about seven thirty p.m., and it wasn't supposed to start until eight p.m. For some reason, I waited by the door, and soon people began to brush past me into the hall, some in a not
super friendly fashion. As this continued, an insight came to me, I call it my "chronological and geographical spirituality"
realization. You see, that night , everybody knew the time of "spirituality" was due to start at eight p.m., and here was I
hanging around the door, before that time had arrived. My notion that true spirituality is for all seasons and all places. it
seemed, had been over-ruled by a piece of "chronological" spirituality, hence, the bretheren coming into the hall, were not
ready, yet, to "shine their little lights on me". My choosing to stand by the door, also seemed to be an error in judgement, on
my part, because, everybody knew that the "spirituality" was scheduled to be conducted, sitting on a circle of cushions set out on the shiny hard wood floor, and not at the door. I may have misread the whole situation, but, that was the night that I
first twigged, to the possible existence of what may be called, "chronological and geographical spirituality".........Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home