Monday, June 06, 2005

Poem:Holding On And Letting Go

Last night I accidentally taped over part of a poetry program about Ezra Pound...
on a video tape I'd left in the v.c.r...
I try to rationalize my absent mindedness away...by saying to myself...
at least it wasn't the one with Walt Whitman on it...
Every time something like this happens...I get the feeling I've aggravated an old wound...
I feel like there's something in me...
that wants to see things remain the way they were...
and not be blotched by my carelessness or forgetfulness...
or the way change comes whether we like it or not...
I finally see what I have to work on here...It's "letting go"...
Life is full of things to be let go of...If they are not...they wound and curl us up in upon ourselves...
Whether we like it or not...things are going to change in our lives...in little or very large ways...
and slowly or very suddenly...The grasp of a baby's hand contrasting with its helplessness...blows you away...
we learn to hold on from early on...and that too serves us well...
through the winds of life...as we keep on keeping on...But...holding on until we become hooked and clawed...
is not all that we were meant to do...Letting go is the "yin" that goes with the "yang" of holding on...
and having the wisdom to know...when to hold on from letting go...and when to let go of holding on...
is where it's at in this life...where change...is really...the only constant there is.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home