Thursday, June 23, 2005

Turquoise And Me

English Bay...each of the many times I've gone there over the years...has had a different look about it each time...in either very subtle or dramatic ways. There have been times in the past when I've seen it turn into a roaring cauldron of jade green
waves...capped with white. Today...it is offering a look I've seldom if ever...seen before...a deep turquoise hue upon its waters
...etched with tiny waves...as I look to the north. Turquoise waters...in the foreground...black and white birds soaring and diving joyously...grooving with the beauty of the day...black and red freighters pointed outwards to the Pacific...further on
two mountain ranges visible from behind their blue misted veil...with others that I know...lie behind them...lost in the clouds...and a mainly blue sky...painted here and there with soft white and light grey clouds...all make an inspiring sight.
But it is the turquoise waters today...that for me...make a beautiful picture...even finer. Turquoise...where ever I've found it in the natural world...has always connected with me in a magical way...perhaps it talks to my spirit...in a way ...few other colours can. Yes...we go back a long way...making music together...whenever we meet...this turquoise and me........Quester.

2 Comments:

At 10:45 PM , Blogger Mama Mouse said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:48 PM , Blogger Mama Mouse said...

Sorry about that ... I made a BIG oops! What I was TRYING to say is that I found this entry simply stunning! Your word pictures are so vivid to me that I got shivers reading some.

I write much like you do but I don't think I have quite the way with words that you do. But then you are a poet and I am not, though I do try.

I hope to be back often to read the new wonders you surely will show to your readers.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home