Tuesday, July 26, 2005

"I Am A Sincere Man"

The song "Guantanamera",,,has a line that when translated from its original Spanish says..."I am a sincere man". Those are
words...as simple as they are...that have been like a beacon light for me in a world where there is ...too much insincerity...
hypocrisy,,,opportunism disguised as pleasantness...people manipulating others on their way up their ladder...posturing...
and down-right phoney-ness. Some people...in the name of "honesty"...go around hurting others with their words. That is not what I am advocating. I think...instead..negotiating this area of life with grace...with the feelings of others in mind...is preferable. I think we are likely to be forgiven...for any white lies we tell...to protect others. I think living as a sincere man or woman...reaches far beyond such situations...to a way of life where you mean what you say...live with "one face"...not two or more...using whichever one will bring you material gain or status...and over-all... in a way that comes from your authentic...rather than your false self. These are some of the ways lived...while actknowledging your imperfections...that can allow you to say to the world..."I am a sincere man...or woman"........................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home