Sunday, July 17, 2005

Saturday At The Festival

The inter-play of wind...leaves...and sun light above me...dapple the green grass around me. Perhaps it is a commentary on my frame of mind...that I've actively sought shade...rather than singers at the local folk festival...up to now. I also find myself looking at the milky blue mountains across from Jericho Beach...rather than at the thousands around me...as I reach for a centering. I am...so far...experiencing a bit of "been there...heard that"...still not ignited by anything I've heard so far. Have met one familiar friendly face...to this point. Sometimes I think this is one of the main reasons why I come...to an event like this...i.e. to meet again ...people I haven't seen for a while...that...and people gathering peacefully under the sun to co-mingle. Although my ears exposed to much music over the years...do not catch fire easily...and I hear so much of what I've heard before...at these events...I know that all it will take to make me feel my little safari here was worthwhile...is to hear one singer...singing one song...that takes me flying off to places...where subtlety..fire...and beauty...reign. That...and the appearance before me of another familiar...funky or beautiful face...or two...will lift me out of...the "same old...same old" forest...threatening to enshroud me...on a lyrical West Coast afternoon...................Quester.

1 Comments:

At 1:21 PM , Blogger Christopher Trottier said...

Well, I'm glad you had fun.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home