Monday, July 11, 2005

Time Writes Upon Your Hopeful Face

A line from a song of mine says..."And time writes upon your hopeful face...peace be with you". The song was about our common ground as human beings...and our vulnerabilities as "born to dance then die" creatures. When I see people again...
I haven't seen for a while...I am often struck by how time has written on their faces. The other day I had occasion to look at
some videos of myself singing...in different eras. I don't often look at videos of myself singing...as I know where it can take me. When you look at yourself singing in your present era...you are likely to be hyper-critical...or occasionally...get an ego
boost from it...but the feelings don't tend to go beyond that. When you are looking at yourself in long gone days...it can at times...become painful...as you recognise...without going to look in the mirror...that time has certainly written on your own
face...and that...in some ways...this is a different person you're looking at...from the present one...that is you. You remember people who were in your life...then ...who are no longer around. You look at yourself too...as this being who was oblivious then...of what you know now...was to follow. Yes...there are a lot of feelings that flicker through you at a time like this...some nostalgic...some regretful. You let them move through you...then remind yourself...yes...time has certainly written on your face...and more...but despite all that...you are still standing.......................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home