Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Bit By Bit Does It

Did a recording session earlier today. The session didn't go as swimmingly as the one I did one song after the other at...last
week... and finished with a large number of voice and guitar songs recorded. The tuning of the guitar I was playing today had to be fussed with for a long time before this guitar came in tune with the one on the recording I was adding a lead guitar part to...right at the start...interfering with the "flying start" I was hoping for...along with wishing the tuning gremlin wouldn't raise its head at any of my sessions. Because this happened at the start of the session...it raised the spectre of not being able
to get anything at all recorded. The good news was...I brought forward in myself the appropriate attitude needed to face times like this in the studio...not "fussing it"...and reminding myself that I simply can't expect all sessions to go exactly as I would like them to. By the end of my time at the studio...I had added many parts to a handful of ssongs...meaning that although the "mixing" of these tracks lies ahead...I have finished adding parts to them...and can move on to arranging and
rehearsing another bunch of songs for another session scheduled for next week. I am in a building process with a dozen
songs of mine...and bit by bit...my building them will be done...as they say in the south..."if the creeks don't rise".....
.....................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home