Sunday, September 18, 2005

Skating And Me

Not long after I arrived in Canada from a country always free of ice and snow...and...of course...the fun and games that go
with it...I tried ice skating. I persevered for three trips to the rink...then...on the last occasion...after floundering
gracelessly...only to be flung to the ice one time too many...as I tried to do something that was very unnatural to me...saw
the writing on the wall...and retired from my brief career as a slap stick "artist on ice". Perhaps it's knowing how hard it was
for me to stay on my feet...while perched on two thin blades...on ice...that has deepened my appreciation of what some
people are able to do...with grace and athleticism on ice. Over the years...hockey became my favourite sport...as a "watcher"...as I marvelled at what the big men did...as they glided and bumped..up and down and around...chasing after a
small black puck. In a little while today...I'll be heading out to watch...the Vancouver Canucks intra squad game...given the
regular season hasn't started yet...but I can't wait anymore...for it to begin.........................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home