Monday, October 03, 2005

Solitude

I have grown to appreciate the riches of solitude over the last few years. I am...also...of course...aware of how after giving you much...it can slip into loneliness...but...most of the time...I do not equate solitude with loneliness. This afternoon...once again..I sit by the Inukshuk...[just read on a plaque of how the Inuit use ihese structures...suggesting a human being with arms out-stretched...as a land mark...and as a navigation tool]. Perhaps...in a strange...or not so strange way...this one is helping me to navigate a solitary afternoon. One of the main riches of solitude...is how...in it...I find myself creating songs...poems...pictures...or for that matter...postings for my blog. For most who create...solitude...is the fecund matrix from which creation usually comes. This afternoon as I sit...a coolish breeze in my face...the sun shining...looking at a finger of the Pacific...and beckoning blue mountains...some with their tops disappearing into thick clouds...but with a wide and deep bowl of blue above me...I think of two other benefits of solitude. The first is that...with no one around to fight with...unless you are making war on youself...you will be at peace. The other is that...in solitude...you can be free of anyone else's stereotype of you...with your mind and imagination...free to drift to high and unconquered places...beyond the limiting prisons...that those
who do not really know you...make for you...free to fly and find out...some more about who you really are...........Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home