Tuesday, November 15, 2005

An Impressive Twosome

In my coffee place this morning...I looked up from my newspaper...to see a woman who
was about thirty...and about seven foot tall...I'm not exaggerating...followed by a man
of similar age...and slightly taller. Heads swivelled as they came in...and I felt a
certain sympathy for them...as I thought of the thousands of times they must have had
to endure such a response. They ordered their coffees...and sat on two couches across
from each other...with a table in between...their long legs bridging the gap between
them. At one point...I noticed the man's left boot was about two inches longer than
the twelve inch square tile it was lined up against. After a while...sipping their
coffees...she got up...the top of her head reaching alongside...the top of one of the
lamp shades above them...and suddenly lowered herself into his lap...leaning back
with her head reclining on his right shoulder...to renewed stares. They remained like
that for a while...before leaving. Knowing how being very short or very tall...can
isolate people from others...who might forget that a human heart still beats in those small or long frames...I was happy for them that they had found each other...to hang
out with...on a grey Tuesday morning...and it looked like...for long before that.....
................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home