Thursday, November 17, 2005

A Picture That Never Comes

On my first cd...which came belatedly after years of vinyl and tape albums...the
picture of me...had shrunk from full front cover size...in my early recording artist
days...down to the size of a postage stamp...on the back cover. It was an augury of what was to come. In the twenty plus cd's that followed this...in a hurry...a picture
of yours truly...is conspicuously absent. It would be nice to claim the absence of
vanity in my life...but this evidence contradicts that. The main reason for a picture
being absent from my cd covers these days...is that although I keep an eye on the
picures friends and relatives take of me...to see if there's one that will "misrepresent me affirmatively"...such pictures it seems...have gone AWOL over the last few years. This is probably trying to tell me something...but having such a picture on a cover...would give me the satisfaction of knowing it was a recent one...while still not being one that was too scary...or having to indulge in the old show biz trick of fooling the public with old pictures...and using an ancient one from my "quasi-hunk" days. So...looks like I'm likely to be checking out recent pictures for a while longer...just to prove that the person who said: "the camera always lies"...was right...................Quester.

1 Comments:

At 12:30 PM , Blogger (((o))) weaver said...

Hey David...

i have to admit that i missed seeing a "pic" of you on your recent stuff and that i was a tad befuffled when i did see the "postage stamp" one on the Keepers of the Fire album... and i can relate with the "photo-genic-angst" myself... especially recent... and do attempt and sometimes manage to avoid such photo-op occasions as much as possible...

tho... i can't help but wonder & suspect that it's the folk who are just discovering your wonderful music and words that would certainly love to "see" just who that wonderful writer and composer is... maybe?... we all are so reliant on our eyes eh?...

the shots of you on your website are wonderful...

hope this finds you on the mend and well... blessings, carol (((o)))

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home