Saturday, November 26, 2005

Poem: Don't Put Your Trust In Neon

[Web sites and blogs...don't involve waiting at a counter for customers to come in...
with your shingle hanging outside advertising your goods or services...and so are
exempt from what this poem...written before they were on the horizon...has to say.]
Wet night...blue neon acupuncturist sign from across the way...
shines through the rain snakes on my wet window...
If I were to put up a sign outside my window...what would it say...
and would anyone bite?...Let me see...
"Student of the Art of Life"...No...that wouldn't work...
people don't make appointments to see "students"...
what reels them in is the illusion that you know what you're doing...
Anyway...neon and humility don't go together...
How about..."Professor of Seeing the Silliness of Human Beings...
starting with Himself"...No...that won't work either...
the last thing people want to know is how silly they really are...
they want instead...to feel important and wanted...
Perhaps...a scarlet and fuschia sign...
advertising some services of matching colours?...
No...I don't think so...I'm not that kind of a guy...
No...I don't think any of my suggestions will work for me...
given unctiousness or phoney pleasantness
in pursuit of a hefty reward is not my strong suit...
Instead...I'll continue to live my life out...
inside one more anonymous window...
remembering that the horoscope lady said...the last time I peeked...
"Don't put your trust in neon...your best bet...
is to flow with the universe...
and just let your little light shine!"..........
........................................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home