Friday, November 25, 2005

The Trees Are Dancing

Out of the corner of my eye...I catch a movement from inside my balcony door. No...it's
not a high climbing burglar entering for an afternoon tussle...my adrenalin maker
can rest. It's my maiden hair fern...string bean geranium...and even my supposedly
lifeless silver dollar branch...moving. No...it's not an earthquake either...it's just
the capricious wind...gusting through my partially open balcony window. For days it
was fog blanketing the city...today it is wind...cleansing the too long stationary
air...and removing yellowed leaves that were still clinging to their late November
branches. I remember once pondering the lot of trees...having to stand in one place,,,
without moving...while around them...little and large living entities...skittered and
slouched on their way. The lesson today...is that there is justice in the world of the
living after all...the wind is having its way...and the trees are no longer still as
lifeless statues. Today...the trees are telling all...that they too...have the life force surging through them. Today...the trees are dancing..................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home