Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Value Of A Grey And Peaceful Day

On Boxing Day morning when I emerged from my bed room I looked out through my balcony window at the grey skies
over the mountains and said to my visiting relative...already up...with a tinge of sarcasm..."Behold!"...pointing towards the
mountains...the kind of thing that you might say...that comes out of your "wet coast" rain consciousness. A bit later...I
remembered that this day was the one year anniversary of the Asian tsunami. Then I got to thinking of how that
unforgettable day was a brilliant blue skied day...that changed terribly and suddenly. I then had the insight that...this grey
rain threatening Boxing Day on the West Coast of Canada...free of disaster...was infinitely preferable...to the one a year
before where so many had their lives changed...or lost...under beautiful blue skies...and that grey or wet...
catastrophe free days...are days to be cherished...rather than looked past...and put down...as we wait for blue skies to
return...................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home