Friday, February 10, 2006

Clouds...Mountains...and Metaphors

After record rainfall in 2006...and reason to wonder if the sun had retired from lighting up the Earth...it's been back for the
last two days. The result has been hardly a hint of a cloud over the mountains I see every day from my front windows.
Looking at vast regions of blue above the mountains...I had a realization about clouds. Perhaps it's been looking through my camera's view finder much lately...but as happy as I was about the beautiful days...I found myself missing the clouds
usually swirling around the mountain tops...which have been adding an interesting element to my mountain pictures. I
began to feel not as motivated to take pictures of them...without their usual companions present. Being a man always on
the look out for metaphors...I've been wondering if the "mountains/clouds" metaphor could be applied to life itself. i.e.
if in life...clouds...and overcoming them...or working around them...help to make life interesting...in a way it might not be...
if we always had..."nothing but blue skies". This metaphor...is not fully fledged in my mind...it's a work in progress. In the
days ahead...we'll see if it holds up nicely...as I keep up my long walks in the sun..............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home