Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Pictures Of Another Time 2



Some time ago I posted an audio blog called "Singing in Schools"...which said a
fair bit about singing for children. In the eighties and nineties I did a lot
of that...singing in elementary schools all over British Columbia. The top picture
...is from singing on the Mount Currie Reserve...the bottom one is from singing
in a school at Alert Bay...Northern Vancouver Island. I can even tell from the
kid's gestures and the look on their faces...which song we are singing. It's a
song called "Monkey See"...I can even tell which phrase of the song we're on...
it's the one that says "You're feelin' like a winner". I notice that one child at
the back...is still on the phrase directly preceeding that...which is..."Show me
with your finger". I quickly learnt in the early days singing in schools...that
children just love to participate in what is being done...and I don't mean just singing on choruses...but "getting physical"...with gestures...movement...etc. I always enjoyed it especially...when they came really alive...as we did a participation song. Fond memories...............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home