Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Shadow And The Tree


Looks like "The Shadow"...is haranguing a tree that he thinks...won't answer back.
Come to think of it...that wouldn't be a bad idea...letting steam off...at a mute
entity. This is where cats and dogs...and the occasional docile human being...may come in handy...offering no verbal response to the tirade-miester...
for either some built in reason...or...simply having learnt to be "Buddah-esque"...
in the face of those who have not learnt to rise above their emotions. Before I
started writing songs myself...I used to sing a song called "I talk to the trees"...
which was a courageous notion...before this "New Age" we're in...where there are
likely workshops available...about how to do this in the most effective way. I...myself ...haven't graduated to talking to the trees...yet. The closest I've come to that...is offering words of encouragement to my geranium plant...when it looks to be on the verge of departing this world. The fact that it's still hanging around after four years or more...attests to the efficacy of this approach...so maybe one day I'll actually try out a monologue on a tree. Anyway...in this picture...the tree has had the last laugh...turning the haranguer...into a silly antlered thing........Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home