Monday, February 27, 2006

Slouching Towards Bethlehem


I've been saying in previous posts...that these days I see pictures everywhere.
I've found the leafless branches of trees at this time of the year...to be one
of the subjects I keep returning to. There is some urgency in my returns...as
the window of opportunity to catch the most interesting patterns that can be
found there...is fast closing...as leafing time is showing signs of starting.
Actually...I've been paying particular attention to the fig trees in my
neighbourhood...that seem to be a must for the gardens of certain immigrant
people...in this area. The fig tree...with its branches bare...is a pattern maker
par excellence...given the way its branches curve across themselves...or shoot
off newer branches at interesting angles...sometimes making celtic looking
patterns. I've even seen faces emerging out of the scars on the fig tree's
branches. Today's fig branch picture...because of what it suggests to me...I'm
simply going to call..."Slouching towards Bethlehem"..............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home