Monday, March 06, 2006

Gifts Of The Tide


Vancouver is a city of many beaches. A few years ago...my "creative eye"...honed in
on the "gifts of the tide"...otherwise known as driftwood...awaiting my exploration.
From then on...and for a good while...I would roam some of the city shores...with my
eye out for "candidates for walking stick-hood"...more about them later...or for
interesting "drift wood entities"...that could either stand on their own...or be
combined with others. So...I began carting home...all kinds of drift wood pieces...sometimes on crowded buses...and experiencing sanity questioning looks...from passengers in office attire...or tourists
whispering to each other...as they pointed to evidence of "west coast craziness"...
close at hand...and in a strange way...the sight...making their day. Once I had a stump with...all...it seemed...of its root system intact...that I was hoping to do something special with ...but reluctantly moved out...during one spring cleaning...from my balcony. Today's picture...is of my "Survivor Drift Wood Entity". The central challenge with it...was not chiselling away at it...over long sleepless nights...but finding a way to make it free standing...which after all...every good survivor knows...is what it's all about............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home