Monday, March 27, 2006

I Create


this is an audio post - click to play

At a gathering in London...after my third album of songs came out...a country man kept
saying to me..."But do you have any hits?"...not long ago in Vancouver a poet
said to me..."but what is this writing you're doing for...?". Both these
people were speaking from a universe I do not live in...that reduces creativity to
what it can get for you in the world...in terms of fame and money. This way of thinking
dominates our world...but I've lived in aother world for a long time...that does not
give away my power to forces outside of myself...to decide about my work as an artist
...or my life. This is because...despite making 24 cd's of my songs...and publishing
5 books of my poems and song lyrics...and having my "fifteen minutes"...on more than
one occasion...I have experienced...first hand...the tremendous enrichment to my life
I've received from creating...in and of itself. I want to share this well kept secret with others...who have
been dominated by the notion of...creativity only for external reward. Creativity exercised...has helped me to think for myself...it has liberated me
from a colonial boy's brain washing...made me confident that I can decide about all aspects of life for myself...helped me to see the beauty in Creation and in other People...and to understand the pain of others who share this Earth with me. There are
many more benefits to exercising creativity...beyond its material rewards...but for
now I'll close by saying...its also kept me young in spirit...regardless of the lines
on my face. What I've said...and more...is why i am always for ...not creativity tied
to some reward in this world...but for bringing the power of "Free creativity" into
our lives................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home