Thursday, March 23, 2006

I'll Take The Rain


Twenty one years ago...when I told a friend from Calgary...I was going to live on the
West Coast of Canada...he said only two words: "Terminal mildew". Despite these words
of encouragement...I did make the move...and am now well acquainted with the often
wet reality of living in this part of the world...that my friend...and millions of
others who live elsewhere...make cracks of one kind or another about. I'm...of course
...reminded of this because...once more...the rain has returned today. Yes...it does rain a lot out here...but I will take the wetness...along with the great beauty...
which I can see a slice of...from my front windows...with my mountains always there
to console me...correction...except on rainy days when they usually disappear. Today
is one of those rainy days...when they are still visible...and for that I am thankful.
Right now there is a tremendous bounty of flowering trees...with more to come with
each day. The sumptuous way flowers...trees...berries...and the rest grow here...and the greenness of the winters...I figured out not long after arriving here...are all because of the rain. Havihg suffered green deprivation...East of the Rockies...as I
recessed deeply into my "soldier mode" in order to cope there...I know now...I will
take the rain here...and relish the brilliant sunny days the more...when they do
come...which they actually do..............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home