Saturday, March 11, 2006

My Egg/CD Picture


When I painted this picture some years ago...the ovoid shapes in the picture...were
meant to depict "the egg"...as evolution's reason...underlying the dance men and women
do...as they come together...to make sure "the race goes on". In my work as an artist
I am always looking for symbols and metaphors...to rise above the mundane.
The creative...and sometimes mischevious mind...is likely sometimes...to fly from "up"
to "down" too. Looking at this picture the other day...it occured to me...that this
picture would work too...in announcing a cd launch...with the "eggs of potential"
turning to "cd's"...and the "dance" one of celebration...rather than one about mating.
After a torturous journey overcoming obstacles in the making of...my most recent cd...
"Autumn Moon"...then battling the swamps of inertia...to launch it into the world...
I will be having the long postponed launch...in Vancouver on March 25th. At last...I am free to use my "egg/cd" picture...and that in itself...is worth the "price of admission".................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home