Friday, March 17, 2006

The Pull Of The Water


Late yesterday afternoon...I went down to English Bay. The "big water" has always
pulled me towards it. Maybe it's growing up on the banks of a wide river...maybe...as
some would suggest...I am a "Pisces"...maybe...given it is said...that that is where we come from...all human beings experience that pull. I know in my own case...it is very strong...acted upon...it relaxes me...tells me "everything is alright". From time to
time...when I'm by the water...I give thanks for living in a city...with so many "being
by the water" possibilities. Yesterday...I went there with my "new eyes"...appreciating
being there...and taking pictures of things I may not have paid close attention to in the past...the interfacing of stone with water...ovoid and other patterns on the
surface...gulls on rocks...and...of course...the play of the sun...writing in silver on the water. As it darkened...I returned home...with a feeling that all was well...and
some pictures of the slivers of beauty experienced...to remind me...that "all is not lost"...if I should ever forget............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home