Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Scar Flowers


When you look closely at every day entitities...you usually pass by...you begin
to see some of the myriad shards of beauty to be found in Creation. In addition
to the pictures you're privileged to take of some of them...some images you
lucked into...can become your teachers. Yesterday...on a long walk...I focussed
in on the trunks and branches of trees...I'd passed by obliviously before. I
found some astonishing images and patterns there. One of them...has struck me particularly strongly. It is...the places on trees...where someone in their wisdom
or plain anthropo-centric-ness...decided what was best for a tree...and lopped off
one of its limbs. I took several pictures of these places yesterday...and I
couldn't help but notice...the trees magnificent responses...to being de-limbed.
Among them...is the making...of what I now call a "scar flower"...I could even
call it a "scar sun"...with rays coming out of the central place where the wound
happened...a pattern that can be seen used in certain sacramental vessels...and...
of course...the sun itself. What a symbol...among other things...that is...of
rising above suffering...to let your light shine upon the world..........Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home