Friday, March 03, 2006

Shadows On A Temple Wall


My neighbourhood is an interesting one...it's shops...restaurants...gardens...
and the faces you see on the street...showing the diverse influences...of those
who came here...from distant places...like myself. Across the street from
me is the red and blue neon sign of a Vietnamese acupuncturist...next to the
main entrance to my building is a Mexican restaurant...and on the outskirts of
my hood...there is a Budhist temple. On a sunny recent day...I was walking by
the back of that temple...when something caught my eye. On the large back wall
...there were two central silhouettes...an echo of one of them...and nothing
else to clutter the picture. I...of course...took it. I wanted to return
to the scene of this picture. The next day I did...but the tree shadow
and the echo...had vanished. Without the light of the sun...such shadows...
disappear. All that was left in front of the wall...was the little curved top
iron fence...that had cast its shadow on the wall the day before...bringing me
back to "reality". Some would say...so much of the time...what we think we see...
is...only illusion...even pretty ones...sometimes..........Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home