Monday, April 10, 2006

The Wonder Bug


Three days ago...I was having brunch in a West End restaurant...when I couldn't help
but notice a gloriously decorated Volkswagen beetle parked outside. I immediately
thought...I must get a picture of that...and turned away...to read something of interest...in the day's newspaper. When I looked up again...the "wonder bug" had
disappeared...and I gave myself a reminder...to not postpone the taking of a picture
when it presented itself. About a half an hour later...I was walking close to English
Bay...when I saw that on this occasion I'd been given a reprieve...there were a cluster of people up ahead...chatting and taking pictures of the said piece of "mobile art". The first noticeable thing...was the smiles on people's faces as they talked...having obviously been affected by this wondrous entity on wheels. When you first see it...covered with so much detail...it is too much to take in. It's when you focus in on a particular spot...that is when you begin to appreciate the exquisite detail...and the time and motivation...it must have taken...to create it...from front to back...and top to bottom. The person who created this...is obviously on a mission...spreading a message...and leaving a calling card...everywhere it rests...that cannot be ignored..........Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home