Monday, June 26, 2006

Heron-ismo In The Shade


Yesterday...I went to the last day of the five day Aboriginal Festival...in front of
the Vancouver Art Gallery. I noticed that the good people facing the stage...were
baking under an unrelenting sun...but on one side of the stage...there was much shade
available. I went and sat there...and in the relative coolness there...it could be
said that I drifted into a "heron mode". A quality of the heron that's interested me
for a long time...is how it stands still...and calmly waits for it's food to come close. This day...instead of running around in the hot sun looking for pictures...I
relaxed in the shade,,,feeling no urgency...and gradually,,,the pictures appeared
right before me...including two delightful twin boys and their family...who clustered
right in front of me...and various Native dancers in their traditional dress. Without exposing myself to too many ultra violet rays...and
wihout any worry about accumulating pictures to show...for my trip out...many pictures came to me this day...illustrating to me once again..."heron-ismo" works...
especially on a hot day...sitting in the shade..............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home