Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Stories & Pictures Of The Clan


My daughter has arrived at that time in her life...when she wants to know about my
side of her lineage. I welcome her strong interest. Over the years I have not been one to bend anyone's ears...with even family information...if there wasn't first some
indication of interest. Speaking of things that are important to you...to anyone who
hasn't indicated interest...even if it's your offspring...has often struck me as being ...what was likely a fruitless exercise. At the same time...I had the sense...that there would come a time...when the interest would be there...and all I had to do...was be patient with the whole human process. I am happy...that that time has arrived...and I've begun to dig deep in my memory bank...for the stories of my clan. Three email installments have already winged their way to my daughter...and I anticipate there will be more...in the days/weeks to come. Already...in my subjective opinion...many interesting...and even funky stories...have begun to surface...and I know...I'll be having to consult with some of my own siblings...for verifications...or new information on old mysteries. In keeping with all this...today's picture is of three of my uncles ...on the Portuguese side of my heritage. It's good for me to be reminded that smiling automatically for the camera...doesn't run in my clan. Long live "gravitas"!
.................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home