Thursday, June 29, 2006

Street Preacher


Ever since I came to Vancouver...over twenty years ago...I've seen this woman...at
her spot...at one corner of the Woodward building...preaching...handing out tracts...
sometimes singing. Someone told me she had been doing that for thirty years. Several
weeks ago...I noticed that the sidewalks around the Woodward building....had been
fenced off...for reconstruction. I immediately thought of this woman...and how
dispossessed she must feel...blocked from what had been "her spot" for over thirty
years. I kept looking out for her in the neighbourhood...but for many days there was no
sign of her...and I wondered if I would ever see her again. It must have been about
two weeks later...passing by the Woodward building...I heard myself saying..."there she is!"...as i spotted her...now on the corner...opposite her fenced off corner.
This person who had been like a land mark in Vancouver...had absorbed the blow of losing her spot...and was very much back..."preaching the word"............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home