Thursday, July 27, 2006

Relaxing In The Arms Of Experience


Yesterday and today...I have continued to assemble my workshop on creativity...slated
to be given at the end of August. One of the things that has come to mind...is how we
should have confidence in what our experience of engaging in a given activity...has
taught us...and move away...as quickly as possible from the first feelings you get...
when faced with putting together a program..."how am I going to do this?...it's too
large...too many details to consider...how am I going to face a room full of people
for hours...not minutes...and not make a complete fool of myself?". Although we may
have long experience in a given subject...we still tend to get these initial feelings. So what I know helps me in these situations...is to remind myself...of my close acquaintanship with the subject at hand...i.e. my experience with it...and start in putting together...what I'm going to be delivering up ahead. There may be brave...or very silver tongued people...who give seminars of one kind or another...about subjects they do not have long knowledge of...I wish them well. In my own case my preference...is to tell about what I have long experience of...knowing that my experience will rescue me...from whatever initial doubts I may have about "delivering the goods"...
................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home