Thursday, August 03, 2006

Deep Work...Empowering Work

Today has been a good day working on my creativity workshop...to be delivered on... in
Kamloops B.C. on August 26th. This...for me...is what I would call "deep work". This
is work that uses deep muscle...and taps knowledge in you...you had forgotten you had. Perhaps that is why...once I've gained some momentum with it...I find this kind
of work so satisfying. What it reminds you of...and reinforces in you...is that you're not "just a pretty face'...[I'm using that term figuratively here...so don't
send in your comments about ego]. Perhaps a better way of saying it is this...I know
I go for long periods...forgetting most of what I've done...and still can do. Doing this kind of work...opens me up...and helps me to remember...some of the things I know...and therefore...encourages me to do...more "deep work"...or work that utilises better...knowledge and experience...I've acquired along the way. Another
important thing that happens...preparing a work shop such as this...is that it leads
you to analyse...what you have done intuitively...so that you can pass on to others...
what was done...at first...without analysis...i.e. you just went and did it. This in
turn...reminds you to go with the promptings of your intuition...as you uncover
ample evidence...that it's worked well...in the past. So...preparing a workshop...
when you arrive at having command over your material...is a very empowering thing...
and this is something you should remind yourself of...whenever you are about to slip into a certain kind of amnesia................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home