Sunday, August 27, 2006

Enough Uplifting Memories


Where do I begin. Just returned this evening from my trip to Kamloops in the British
Columbia interior. In my years of doing singing tours...I often found myself in strange cities...in hotels...with my guitar for company. This trip...was the polar opposite of that. Starting with two friends and myself travelling there by car...and the animated conversation...and laughter...that accompanied us all the way to our destination...where we were made to feel utterly at home by our most gracious hosts...being offered food and drink at every turn...and having the freedom to leave our musical instruments strewn across our hosts' living room. Then there was the preparation...and seeing through of the concert...with my friend...myself...and a lovely group of people who joined us in some songs. There were people manifesting the moment some need became evident...to fill it with grace. The concert went well...with the surprising up on their feet audience response...towards the end...as we did two additional songs. There were a myriad warm exchanges between those present this night. The following day I delivered a workshop...which I
felt good about finally giving after my long preparation for it. It went well. This
posting is not going to attempt to describe the many beautiful moments on this trip
...they were too many...and I haven't yet fully processed a lot of them...but these
last few days will remain a golden menory for me...for a long...long time. My musical friend who performed at the concert...took this picture of myself and some of the participants at the work shop...mercifully she didn't show the full frontal view of
yours truly...the morning after delivering a concert the night before. Enough
uplifting memories...to last me through the coming winter............Quester.

1 Comments:

At 1:06 AM , Blogger whirld dervish said...

David...

Now that I am a blog initiate and novice I see your blog as a blossom, in full flower and fragrance!

I salute you!

Baba

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home