Thursday, August 31, 2006

Story Buss Out


On the river where I grew up in Guyana...when a scandal was revealed...you were likely
to hear...people starting to talk about it...say..."Eh..eh...man...story buss out"...
meaning...the real story had burst out of the walls those who were trying to keep it
a secret had painstakingly built around it. Well...right now...in North America...rhere
is a story "bussing out"...that I'm amazed took as long as it did to do so...i.e. the
story of polygamous communities and their Prophet[s]. Bountiful...indeed...more
appropriately the name of those communities should be "Geezer Paradise #1...2...3..."etc. I'm a geezer myself...but..I do strongly believe in people having
the "proprietorship of their own minds"...as one...not from a polygamous community...
who still had to fight for his. No wonder this is...for me the most disturbing thing
about this story...in a list of very disturbing things...the idea that in the twenty first century...there are still pockets of children and adults...who for one coercive or brain washed reason or the other...have given away ownership of their minds to a "Prophet". There's so much more to say about this story...but...I think the contents
of the Prophet's car...when caught...and somehow unable to perform a miraculous
escape...despite his vaunted powers...speaks volumes... $54,000 in cash...wigs...disguises...cellphones...forbidden down on the farm. Still...a "Profit'
...sorry I mis-spelt myself...is presumed innocent until found guilty...so all i can say in closing is..."keep sweet".....................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home