Saturday, September 23, 2006

My Mountains


Once wrote a song called "My Mountain"...it might as well have been called "My Mountains". I might have said it before here,,,but having such a wide and brilliant view of several of them from my front windows...is a great consolation in my life.
When the ugliness in my world shows its hoary head...a pretty well daily
occurrence...I only have to look at my mountains to be reminded...there is also...
simultaneously available...the beautiful and the timeless. When I look lower down
at the sidewalk...I see people bustling by...seemingly embedded in their drama...and I hope that they too...step out of that state long enough...not only to smell the roses...but to look at the mountains. Aggression...pettiness...crass opportunism...blind ambition...grubbing and grasping...insincerity...and saccharine which sometimes seems to take the place of expressions from the core of real sweetness I know we all carry in us...disappear into the caves where they belong...and my mountains tell me...see...you too can keep your dignity...despite the calls to surrender it...from an over commercial world. Know that I will always be here to remind you of these important things.......
...............Quester.

1 Comments:

At 12:13 AM , Blogger (((o))) weaver said...

hey... many thanks my friend...
a beautiful reminder...
weaver (((o)))

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home