Friday, September 01, 2006

Pictures of Another Time 7


Talking to a dear friend yesterday...who I was encouraging to put some of his life
photos on to his blog...reminded me that I had not recently returned to my "Pictures of
Another Time" irregular series...on my blog. I was reminded of this picture...because it is the one on the back of my "Sun Wheel" song book...made in Britain...years ago...and a companion piece to my last album over there..."Sun Wheel". I was living in Edinburgh...where this picture was taken...and where the recording sessions for this album was done. What a beautiful city...wonderful for walkers...with its Calton Hill...Princess Street Gardens...and Holyrood mountain...fairly closely clustered.
I dug this song book up...for my work shop in Kamloops last week end...to illustrate
the point that...as the Beatles sang..."there's nothing you can do that can't be done"...i.e. if you can create songs...when time comes to make a song book of some of them...you don't need to read or write music...the book publisher will hire someone to do that for the book. I am glad...especially given we went an hour long with the work shop...that no one had the time to come up after...and ask to see this picture...then take a good look at me now...then ask me..."what happened". Still...pictures can help to remind us of how we "once were"...or should I say "looked"...although in the present...there is no longer any
connection with that.................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home