Monday, September 04, 2006

The Proprietorship Of Our Own Minds


At lunch...seated in my favourite Chinese restaurant...I wrote a poem today. Although
I read newspapers and check out the daily tv news/entertainment shows...I'd like to
think that my approach as a writer...is not to opportunistically write about whatever
happens to be on the front page...but wait until I'm seized by one story or the other. Right now...and for some time...the story of polygamous communities and their prophet[s]...have been strongly to the fore in my mind...and so today's poem was about that...along with a recent posting on this blog. Perhaps my interest here...is because of the struggle I myself had to wage to reclaim what I call "the proprietorship of my own mind". This phrase is not idly used. Any group of people...who have been brain washed not to think for themselves...but to follow...either a prophet...or a book...or any other source...and have been told their only job is to obey or face damnation...not question...get my sympathy and my
best wishes for them reclaiming their minds...or even their beings. I for one...do not believe...that we were each given a mind and an imagination...by a power on high...not to use them. Here's wishing my sisters and brothers of the world...who wish to start reclaiming their minds...a successful journey...along the pathway that leads to enjoying many of the freedoms and riches of life on this Earth...and likely even Beyond...................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home