Tuesday, September 12, 2006

September On My Mind


It's a beautiful afternoon...outside my window...September bathing streets...trees...and mountains with its muted light. I've written several songs...one
way or another about September. "September rain...falling on my face like a warm wine...you always mark the start of a new time...of a new time I tell myself again...
September rain". Then there was..."In September"..."And though I thought I knew...the
ways of woman...you...taught me of lovers who just bloom in September". Yes...September
has always been a time of starting over...and doing an inventory of my life...and
remembrances of those who were like "the buds of spring"...in past Septembers. This one is zipping by...as I find myself deeply engaged in my book project
and other things. This is the way I want it to be. This time that is the thin edge of
autumn...is one in which I like to be very engaged in one of my projects...knowing well
that it wouldn't do...to let this month that is the other book end of summer...lay
a heavy haunting on me...which I know it is quite capable of doing..........Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home