Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Where To Question


Last night I sang at a poetry gathering. It's a strange feeling having written so many poems...to be singing at a poetry gathering. The venue was a place where I'd read my poems before...so I approach engagements in such places with a slight smile...and am often refreshed by representing one...then another of my creative idioms in such places. As of yesterday afternoon...I was at cross roads with my book...having followed a skein of creating the manuscript that flowed quite nicely up to yesterday morning...then had naturally run out...leaving me to figure out how to resume telling my story. Actually...remembering the last song I sang last night called "Many Paths"...provided the key to unlocking the door that had suddenly become closed on this book writing journey...and answering the "where to now" question I nad
scribbled in my journal earlier this morning. One of my songs had once more come to my rescue. It is a mysterious place...this world of creating things...and paying close attention to triggers that might be offered very softly...is one of the attributes needed...along with being very thankful when you are helped through a knot in your story. As a result of noticing the key being offered...today has already been a very productive day...and once again I feel that this tale I'm telling can be finished after all.................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home