Thursday, October 26, 2006

Forever Young


Have been reading in some of my note books recently...about past happenings in my life.
It stirs many thoughts and emotions. One piece is about someone I met and knew...when
I came to Canada at the age of twenty. Given I have not seen this person...since that era a long time ago...the picture I have of her in my mind...is of her as she was then
...not of how she is now...if she still walks this Earth...which I have no way of knowing if she still does. I have no hankering to meet with her again...it's just it's
a strange thing...how we human beings can carry a picture of someone...that does not change with the passage of time...the way they must have changed...with no recent sighting of that person...to cancel it out. Writing that just made me wonder...if there was a recent sighting...would that actually overule the picture of that person...as you knew them long ago?. Perhaps that might depend on whether you want it to or not.
Whatever the answer is to that...maybe there is also a human need to remember some
people...not as they may be now...but how they were once...a wanting for them to remain
...forever young....................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home