Saturday, October 28, 2006

Seasons Of Our Lives


I have often wondered about the reasons why people sweep up leaves in the Fall...when
there are more set to come down within the hour. I've been noticing the pretty mix of
colours and shapes...this year especially...as I've gone on my way...appreciating that...and the rustling sound my feet makes scuffing through them. So...for me...sweeping up autumn leaves wouldn't be a priority. So why do so many people insist on doing it? Is it about being liable...if you didn't...and someone should fall on them as they walk by...?. I suppose that might happen when its been raining and dry leaves become moist and slippery. Is it for practical reasons like avoiding clogged drains...?. Sometimes....however...I can't help wonder whether the broom comes out because...of the "tidiness bug" that a lot of people seem to have...regardless of the many leaf fallings yet to come. Whatever the reasons...may the pretty leaves keep falling...and in a little while...a new crop of fresh green leaves replace them...reminding us of how things come then go...in the seasons of our lives............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home