Sunday, October 22, 2006

Song Midwives Of The World


I've always felt privileged to create songs...not to mention other creations. But songs were my first creative love...built on melodies that have kept coming for so many years. It's usually only when sometimes I see a fellow song maker...at his or her best...holding mine and the audience's attention...that I get a glimpse of how fortunate I am to have made all the songs I have. I have often said that when I see a fine painting...or hear a beautiful song...I often think of how close it might have come to never being made. Knowing...the "oh no" feeling you get along with the expectancy...as a song or other creation nudges you from inside to do something about it...I know how easy it would be to go to the pub instead for a quick or a slow one...to shirk the responsibility of having to deliver on the nudge. I think a large part of being a creative artist...is having the discipline to hang around long enough to be a good midwife to the birth of a creation...rather than running away from it based on how you feel when a song comes calling. So here's to the song midwives of the world...may you remember to stick around...when you feel a song beginning to bloom in you...and may it be delivered into a world that can never have enough songs..............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home