Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Passage Of Time


Today is my daughter's birthday...she is a grown woman now. In my email to her this morning...I didn't tell her about that first morning of her life...in a Toronto hospital. How when I first held her in my arms...she was light as a feather...and I
was afraid that as delicately as I was holding her...that my heavy hands would make
a mistake...somehow. I didn't tell her about the cruelty of the passage of time...
and how it quickly takes away the ultra special charm and beauty...that only a child can have...regardless of how beautiful an adult he or she becomes. I didn't tell her
a lot of things...not wanting to mention days long and forever gone with her...that I
still carry with me and always will...not wanting to be over sentimental or melodramatic. I sent her beautiful wishes and wished her all my love...staying away
from sending her a blubbering email...and she replied in a short while. On the one hand there are things that we should tell each other while we are all still here...on the other hand...there are things like what the passage of time does to us all...that come to us...at times such as birthdays...that might be best left unsaid............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home