Monday, November 20, 2006

Signs Of Hope


Before noon today...I felt I could no longer be "confined to barracks"...by the
glowering November clouds. I headed down to my post office box...and then for a walk
along English Bay. Even though the light was low...I took a few pictures...being
reminded that even on a day like this...there was beauty to be seen...if I could move
past any "November sulk" that was offering itself. Took a few pictures of the black and
red boats on the grey bay..."whistling ducks"...a wonderful small bush...with its multi-coloured autumn leaves still holding on...in front of large stones. Turning back
up Denman Street...I was passing some rhodedendron bushes when flashes of colour caught
my eye. I zeroed in with my camera on the pieces of colour. Once again...I had encountered one of the "signs of hope" I had come to know...since my first West Coast winter...the lush deep pink of rhodedendron buds well on their way to opening. After surviving the ravaging winters of Ontario...this sight...and many similar ones...have always made me feel thankful...that I live in "the oasis of Canada"..................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home