Sunday, November 05, 2006

Thanks For Central Heating


I've just been reading through...material I wrote previously...about my years in London, England,...when I survived somehow,...in tiny bed-sitting rooms,...putting
two shilling pieces into rapacious heating meters,...that you fed this way...or if
you didn't,...froze. I had come to London,...following my childhood brain washing,...
that Britain was my Mother Country that I must head for some day. An even more immediate reason,...was I'd written my first songs and felt it was high time I made my
first album of them. I shudder as I think of the motivation and endurance that helped me to survive those days of being most of the time frozen to the bone. Thinking of this tonight...makes me thankful...for Canada...and central heating,...something we all take for granted,...but does not exist universally.
.................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home