Monday, December 04, 2006

Stories Of Our Lives


Recently I've been looking at some of the stories of my life. Some are yet to be
"written up"...and others are already written. I am glad I wrote some of them down...
years ago...given that some of them would be hard to recall now...that for instance... I put down...twenty years ago. I edit them as I type them into my computer file. It's
funny about editing...go back to something you wrote and edited a while before...and
you'll still find yourself editing it. Each human life is full of stories...recalling
them...and then telling them in a way that works well...are two of the challenges involved in telling the stories of your life. I've kept a daily journal for some years
now...in which many of my stories are written up...locating them from in there...is a large challenge in itself. I actually like writing about very distant events...if I can
remember the kernel of them. With no other source material...than what's in your memory
of them...you can then get into your ability to fill in the blanks...letting your
"inner story teller" come to the fore. Here's to telling the stories of our lives!...
..................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home