Monday, February 26, 2007

Gifts And Apologies

Four years ago...a Guyana country man...
living in New York for many years...who is
among other things a story teller in the
Guyana vernacular...sent me two cd's of his
work...which I promptly misplaced...without
a chance to listen to them. The misplacement...contributed to my not getting back in touch with him at the time...
and...before you know it...four more years
had slipped away. Yesterday...I was looking
at Guyana pictures...and it reminded me of
my roots...and "roots people". This nudged
me to send him a belated "thank you"...for his misplaced gift...and an apology for not
being in touch...before now. Within an hour and a half...there was an e-mail reply from him...a gracious and funny one...with his use of the Guyana dialect...giving me a
chuckle. Within another hour and a half...I had mailed him three of my song cd's as a
thank you gift. This has all left me with a good feeling about the value of good human
communication...even when an apology is part of it. Perhaps today's good experience
...will encourage me...to make the first move...so that I can tie up a few more loose
ends...still dangling in my life....................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home