Friday, April 20, 2007

Northern Edge Of My Hood

Today...among other things...on
a "rich thought day"...I was thinking of my "hood"...and where I would say its boundaries
are. The east...west...and south
markers were a bit elusive to
arrive at...but it was the northern boundary that was the
most clear cut. I remember when I first moved into my apartment...seeing from my front windows...a bit before the
mountains...a piece of Burrard Inlet...with ocean going boats
parked on it. On of the first things I did...was hurry north from
my building...to get closer to the boats and the inlet. It didn't
take long to run into the docks...and train tracks next to the
water...and I had established the northernmost edge of my hood
...bodies of water have a way of stopping you in your tracks...
and underlining for you...that you are at your territory's edge.
Yesterday...I returned there...and with the brush that had been
there cleared away...I was able to get a clear view of the water
and what was floating on it. Today's picture is from that vantage
point...................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home